curtis.engineer · @curtis.engineer@bridge.neodb.net
Rated The Girl Who Was Taken 10/10
Oh shit! Do you love thrillers? Do you ever watch Dateline for fun? I have a book for you, actually I have two if you like this author’s first book. The Girl Who Was Taken is one of the best crime/thriller books I have read in at least 10 years. This book landed me firmly back into being a fan of that genre.
Okay, so if your are thinking to yourself that you have never heard of this Charlie Donlea guy, you’re not alone. I don’t know how I found this book, or if it was recommended to me, or if God herself intervened. This guy can keep you engaged in a story. This guy can still surprise you, even after years of Law and Order: SVU. This guy can also make you really care about his characters, even if one of them has been dead since the book started.
Once you’re done with his The Girl Who Was Taken, roll right into Summit Lake. Actually, take a break and get some work done, because I know you didn’t put the last book down. Give yourself time to grieve this fictional character, but once your start itching for a new story, move on to Charlie’s next book.
I have seen on Charlie’s website that he has at least two more books, and one I have already bought. As soon as I read either of these, I will be adding another post. I would like to write a post dedicated to Summit Lake, but I think it would be at least redundant and at most spoilers.
#book
Published · bridged from Atmosphere
ActivityPub object: https://bridge.neodb.net/users/curtis.engineer/posts/3mu36wttsdap3
AT Protocol record: at://did:plc:4tdqyvvddfqucw4i26aspc4x/buzz.bookhive.book/3mu36wttsdap3