skybridge

Cover of The Eye of the World

riyana.dev · @riyana.dev@bridge.neodb.net

Rated The Eye of the World 8/10

This is my second time reading this book, but have never finished the series (I stopped at book #6).

Surprisingly, reading this the second time around was a lot more enjoyable than the first. I think it's just nostalgia talking, I read this a decade ago when I was in high school. It felt like reuniting with old friends. However, Rand is still... boring. I actually can't believe how strong Moiraine says he is because there was nothing leading up to it. Just... a whole bunch of nothing.

BUT, I like Nynaeve and Egwene much better this time around, even though they're written like how an old married man would write them. Even so, they're infinitely more interesting than Rand.

Nynaeve and Lan came out of nowhere, but like I kinda get it. I'll keep my headcanons to myself.

#book

Published · bridged from Atmosphere

ActivityPub object: https://bridge.neodb.net/users/riyana.dev/posts/3mw6qzfdpxdss
AT Protocol record: at://did:plc:cwbvtgpplfk6xfosqfcyxbth/buzz.bookhive.book/3mw6qzfdpxdss