sarahabein.bsky.social · @sarahabein.bsky.social@bridge.neodb.net
Rated All Boys Aren’t Blue 9/10
<div>Even though I am long past the life stage of needing an affirming book pointing me into young adulthood, I still found this to be a good read. I think why there are so many asshole adults going after it is because it's unapologetically telling queer teens, particularly Black masculine teens, that it 100% ok to be who you are, on your own terms, and that you can find a supportive community. It also doesn't shy away from discussing sex, but teenagers need to hear about that too, which Johnson does in a fair, supportive way. They're the older cousin looking out for you. This is also a memoir about family, through thick and thin, and the great love Johnson has for his grandmother (Nanny) in particular. Definitely worth reading.</div>
#book
Published · bridged from Atmosphere
ActivityPub object: https://bridge.neodb.net/users/sarahabein.bsky.social/posts/3mtf653fjykde
AT Protocol record: at://did:plc:wg7ggyvno4xbuwgp22biwfjv/buzz.bookhive.book/3mtf653fjykde