unceman.bsky.social · @unceman.bsky.social@bridge.neodb.net
Rated The Creator 5/10
Fantastic world building. Quickly understood the humans vs AI battle. This movie found a balance with not overusing CGI to provide more realism. The plot seemed to have been written by an over-excited 10-year-old, who keeps tacking on another plot point: "..and then the hero has to find the AI weapon, but he relates to the weapon because the weapon is really a child, but that child was created from the hero's wife, but the child/weapon can shut down all the technology, and then it will be super powerful, so the humans want to stop the weapon, but the humans do bad things so the hero isn't sure if they are doing the right thing, however the AI has been the enemy the whole time, but then...oh yeah, his wife is still alive, even though he thought she was dead because they saved her mind to a USB thumb drive and he now meets up with his wife again after a long time, but he decides to sacrifice himself to save the weapon, I mean, child.....his child. that his wife made, so she was the Nirmata. oh yeah, Nirmata means 'creator', which is the name of the movie. Get it? That means the AI won the war, but they weren't really bad the whole time." Really wanted to like this and for most of the movie, I did. However, I could not keep swallowing the tripe of hacky premises and blatant mimicry of other similar movies/shows (AI, Avatar, Mandalorian, The Last of Us). I struggled with rating this movie. My score varied from 1.5 stars to 3.5 stars, so I compromised with 2.5. The parts I liked, I loved. The parts that I dislike, I abhorred.
#movie
Published · bridged from Atmosphere
ActivityPub object: https://bridge.neodb.net/users/unceman.bsky.social/posts/3me7yzv5hkc2f
AT Protocol record: at://did:plc:4fevfgvj42dhleudnotiv7ti/social.popfeed.feed.review/3me7yzv5hkc2f