wumpasr.bsky.social · @wumpasr.bsky.social@bridge.neodb.net
Rated Wish 2/10
Pardon my language, but that was fucking terrible. By the time we got to the end, I and my dad (who was watching it with me) were talking about DreamWorks movies. That, and tearing apart how every song sounded like it was trying to be a copy of a song from "Frozen", "Moana" or "The Greatest Showman", and frankly: how lifeless the animation was. I shouldn't be, considering their recent track record, but I really did think there was no way Disney would fumble the bag with their 100th anniversary movie. Didn't think it would necessarily be a masterpiece, but I thought "Wish" would at least be "good", until the reviews poured in, that is. So, finally watching this for myself, at home, on Blu-ray, I had low expectations. Somehow, this movie still disappointed me. Chris Pine was miscast. The music videos were uninteresting, visually bland, and felt void of life. Too little contrast in the animation. None of the characters were remotely compelling, and frankly, will be forgotten by the time I wake up tomorrow (it's 9:35 pm as of writing this, and it won't be long before I go to bed). Yeah. Any trust I had in Disney is completely gone at this point. "Strange World" was better than this. 1.5/5 = Pretty bad
#movie
Published · bridged from Atmosphere
ActivityPub object: https://bridge.neodb.net/users/wumpasr.bsky.social/posts/3mbsl7fzoes2b
AT Protocol record: at://did:plc:37cb5jqchpsnorjs6u6dfqfb/social.popfeed.feed.review/3mbsl7fzoes2b